Monday, March 12, 2012

New York Pao de Queijo

I once had a chicken salad sandwich with potato sticks at a random deli in Kearny, NJ, and I've been looking for that kind of thing ever since. I'd never had Brazilian food before Pao de Queijo, but I'm glad I stopped to read the menu when I walked by. Almost all of their sandwiches have potato sticks. (^_^)
I love paper menus that I can take home and add to my collection.
Very interesting combinations.
This is my veggie burger. It looks crazy, I know, but it might be the best one I've ever had. Maybe that's because the burger has corn on it as well as potato sticks. It was awesomeness. Seriously.
I decided to try one of these little desserts because they looked so yummy in the display case. The menu called it "Brigadeiro, Docinho de Milho, Beijinho, Bicho de pé"
I tried to break it in half because I didn't want to stick the whole thing in my mouth. Well, it wouldn't break. It was very, very sticky. It stuck to my teeth A LOT. It took me awhile to eat it, maybe 15 minutes, but I was just kind of nibbling and people-watching out the window. I'm a slow eater under the best of circumstances, anyway.
Besides the awesome food, I really appreciated the decor. That little window goes to the kitchen, so it's like your food is coming from Rio. 
I didn't know they had dark-skinned people in Brazil or that they carry food on their heads, but ok. Whatever. It's pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment