Monday, March 12, 2012

Hayashi Sushi

Wow, it's been awhile. I kinda forgot about writing stuff when life got complicated. Quite a long time ago, I had lunch at a sushi restaurant called Hayashi in the Sheepshead Bay section of Brooklyn. I hated every day I had to be in that neighborhood, but this dining experience made one day bearable.
I like the font on the menu.


I don't know what it is about dumplings. I order them at every single Asian restaurant I go to. I just have to have them. You would think I'd be making my own, but no. Never thought about it until just now. There might be an upcoming entry about my first attempt at homemade dumplings. I'm sure I'll screw it up. I should get lessons from my friend's dad.
Another thing I always order: eel. This is an eel lover's platter with a roll, sashimi and whatever that other thing is with the square of rice. I forced ALL OF IT into my tiny stomach. No way I'm letting eel go to waste.
Fried green tea ice cream. I had no idea what to expect with this. I've had fried ice cream in Mexican restaurants, and it's horrifying. This stuff, however, was fantastic. The outside had just the right amount of crunchiness, and the ice cream seem fresh from the freezer. I'd like to know how they did that. Must be magic.
I'd love to go back to Hayashi if it wasn't in Sheepshead Bay. I can just imagine all the bad memories that will resurface as soon as I see the surrounding neighborhood. Maybe I can convince them to deliver to my house all the way in Flatlandss.

No comments:

Post a Comment