Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bacon Cheddar Muffins and Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins

Tomorrow will be Muffin Monday at work. Everyone got really excited when I mentioned bacon cheddar muffins, so I guess that's what I'll make. I'm using the same recipe I used for the chocolate chip muffins last week, except adding 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and 1/4 cup chopped bacon.
Maybe I'll add more bacon next time
For anyone who doesn't want bacon cheddar muffins (yes, those people exist), I decided to make coffee chocolate chip muffins. In my opinion, it's always good give people a choice.

Dry ingredients mixture
Wet ingredients mixture. Mmmm whole stick of butter
Both mixtures combined to make Captain Planet
Captain Planet + chocolate chips = ...... I don't know
 I used instant coffee because I don't have instant espresso. I thought about using a bottle of Starbucks frappuccino in place of milk, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea. The first batch tasted a little bitter, so I added an extra 1/4 cup of sugar to the second batch.
I made 2 dozen of each type of muffin. In the first batches, I used Lactaid milk, and I switched to regular vitamin D milk for the second batches. I don't know why a recipe would say whole milk. Do people actually keep that in their houses? Would it make the muffins taste better? I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment