Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pretty Twisted Bun

This is another hairstyle from Seventeen. I like wearing my hair in a bun because it's secure and off my face and neck, but I think brushing my hair straight back is really boring. This bun gives a boring style a little twist, literally.
I didn't wash my hair this morning, so I started with dry hair. That's actually good because the bun will be a little bigger than it would be with wet hair. I sprayed all over with leave-in conditioner to dampen the hair a little and make it easier to work with and also to make the edges lay down.
Deep part. Check. I made another part a couple inches below the first one to create a rectangular section of hair.
I tightly twisted the top section of hair. While holding the twist, I gathered the rest of my hair into a ponytail behind my ear and added the twist on top.
I divided the ponytail hair into 2 sections and twisted one section around the first to make a bun. Then I twisted the second section around the first bun. I think it looks like a Cinnabon. It's kinda making me hungry. By the way, taking a picture of the back of your head is really difficult.
I really like the finished product. Normally, I don't do side ponytails or buns, but the cuteness of this one really surprised me. I might do it more to side next time just to see how that looks. Also, this only took a few minutes. I'm not one of those people who wakes up extra early for hair and makeup. I like my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment