Saturday, August 27, 2011

Simple Side Braid

In my search for hairstyle ideas, I've found lots of sites telling me that braids are very popular right now. I used to wear my hair in cornrows all the time, so braids are not a new concept for me. I found this easy style on the Tresemme web site. I've worn a style similar to this one, but I've always made a skinnier braid. I thought trying a wider braid could be interesting. This style is great for me and my headaches because I could have most of my hair loose and still keep it off my face.
I didn't watch the video; I just read the three steps. It's pretty easy to figure this one out from the picture. I also didn't use the Tresemme mousse. Instead, I washed my hair and massaged in the Motions hair lotion from root to end, of course paying special attention to the ends.
First I had to separate out the hair for the braid and secure the rest of my hair.
Then I did the actual braid, twisting the strands toward the outside instead of inside. I just think the inside braids look a little funny as cornrows. I used a clip to hold the braid behind my ear instead of braiding all the way to the end. And that's it. Very simple style and finished very quickly. This one is definitely a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment