Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pineapple Muffins


I really wanted to make pie, but that seems like too much effort for right now. Instead, I decided to make muffins. I did a Google search for muffin recipes and discovered MuffinRecipes.net. Ok, that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. After looking over a few recipes in their list, I settled on pineapple muffins. I love pineapples, except sometimes they make my lips and tongue swollen and itchy.

Ingredients party!
Mix dry ingredients. Mmm sweet flour.


 Add wet ingredients. 
Left: beaten eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract. Smells good. I would have tasted it if not for the raw eggs.
Right: applesauce and pineapple juice from the can. I did taste this one. It was wonderful.




When I went to the store, there was no crushed pineapple, so I had to cut up some chunks. It was tedious, but listening to an episode of White Collar on Hulu helped.
Completed batter. Mmm pineapple lumps.























 I wanted the muffins to be bigger, so I filled the cups a little higher than usual. I hope that doesn't backfire. Things tend to go badly when I make unauthorized changes to recipes.
Ok, not bad. I realized the recipes on muffinrecipes.net don't tell you the yield. I ended up with 16 muffins. The suggested baking time is 15-20 minutes; I baked mine for the full 20 minutes. They are extremely sweet, so I would recommend using less sugar. They're also sticky, but they taste soooo good. 











1 comment:

  1. Yum! I recommend Bakerella for some baking inspiration. She is awesome!

    www.bakerella.com

    ReplyDelete