Friday, August 19, 2011

Let's Get This Thing Started

I am an insomniac. One night around 3:00 AM, I came across Idée Géniale, a blog specializing in hair tips and product reviews, fashion, and food. Well, I have hair and clothes and I eat, so why not? (after I hungrily devoured the entire blog from end to beginning and then started in on her friends)

I love shopping. I don't pay attention to any of that Fashion Week stuff because runway clothes tend to be ridiculous, impractical and sometimes nauseating. I look at everyone around me in NYC to see trends in action. It's like a constant fashion show. For example, these unwitting models have shown me that many people cannot tell the difference between leggings and tights. Almost every day, I see cute shirts with see-through leggings, which means I also see underwear and butt/thigh dimples. I don't know why anyone would want to show off their dimples. Personal preference, I guess. Also, one of my biggest fashion pet peeves. If you're wearing them in the summer, aren't you hot? If you're wearing them in the winter, aren't you cold? Can you think of any other garment that's meant for both heat waves and snowstorms? I can't. I don't think that exists. Yeah, I could go on about leggings for a very long time. I might do that one of these days even though it tends to piss off the people who wear them.

I love food. I don't eat very much, but I wish I could. I've been told I need a reverse gastric bypass. That's probably true. Still, I love food presentation, and I almost always take pictures in restaurants. I'm not so much into cooking, which is something I'd like to work on, but I've always enjoyed baking. I really want to make some fruit pies and chocolate pies, maybe because it's summer. Wish me luck. I'll definitely need it. Maybe a prayer and a miracle, too.

I do not love fighting with my hair, but it's necessary. If I can be of help to anyone out there with hair like mine, that would be great. I'll probably be showing my attempts at new hairstyles and the disastrous results. My hair can be extremely unruly, especially in the summer. I don't usually even attempt to straighten it until at least mid-October. Until then, all my adventures will be curly.

No comments:

Post a Comment