Saturday, August 27, 2011

Nixoderm

I've been looking for something to help fade the old acne scars covering my face, and I came across Nixoderm. I read a LOT of reviews, and it seems this product has been around for years. Some people say their grandparents used it when they were young. So why am I just finding out about it now? Well, it's not really sold in this country, except maybe in specialty stores. The easiest (and cheapest) way to get it is through eBay.
A lot of people who use this say it burns horribly. I say if you want serious results, of course it will burn. If it didn't burn, I would be suspicious. There were a few responses saying don't put on too much and don't exfoliate before you put it on. Alright, I'll listen to experienced people because I don't like pain. People says it stinks. Well, it doesn't smell great, but I wouldn't say it stinks. I think it smells like Proactiv sulfur mask mixed with Vaporub. The container is a little weird, but it wasn't too hard to open once I got the hang of it.

This stuff is definitely a mask. It will look like you have white stuff all over your face, so don't expect to put it on and then go out. The instructions recommended applying a layer of vaseline under the mask the first few times you use it. Well, I use strong stuff on my face every day, so I thought I would be ok.
Ok, I was soooo wrong. I felt like my face was on fire. I was very close to just washing it off and then trying again with vaseline. Then I realized it burned a little less when I fanned my face.
The burning only lasted for a few minutes, so I'm glad I gritted my teeth and endured it. I put this stuff on in the evening and then slept with it on. A lot of the reviews say it's hard to get off your face and you have to wipe it wish a tissue before you wash your face. I tried wiping it, but it was totally dry. So I just washed my face like normal and it all came off. A few of the reviews said it burned the skin so badly that the entire face was like a huge blister afterwards. My experience wasn't anything like that. I had no irritation at all. The scars were noticeably lighter, and my skin felt a lot smoother. That's after only one use. I will definitely keep using this stuff. The directions say to use for 7 days and then don't use for 3 days and then start over. Alright, I'll follow the directions. So far, that's been working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment