Monday, August 22, 2011

Triple Ponytail

Today I wanted to try a new hairstyle. I searched for hairstyles online, and I just kept getting pictures of girls with their hair parted and brushed down. Ok, that's not a hairstyle. It's a haircut. And that doesn't help me. Most updos are meant for prom or weddings, but I don't usually go anywhere except work and stores near my house. I don't need fancy hair for that. I just need it to be off my face and neck so I don't get hot. Oddly enough, the web site I found most helpful is Seventeen magazine. It's been awhile since I was a teenager, but I decided to give them a chance anyway. I looked through all of the hairstyles for medium-length hair and curly hair and eventually settled on this one under Updo Hairstyles. Obviously, my hair is different from the model's hair, so I can't expect the style to come out the same way on me.
Last night after I washed my hair and greased my scalp, I braided each of the four sections. When I unbraided them this morning, I was left with a nice crimping effect.
Since I have this bangs situation, I usually need to separate a triangular-esque portion from the front my my hair to be pinned back later.
Before I made the three ponytails, I sprayed the hair close to my scalp with Aussie Hair Insurance. This stuff smells great, and my hair is easier to work with when it's wet. The spray also hardens a little bit when it dries, so all the strands of hair are held in place. After I made the ponytails, I generously sprayed the hanging hair. Since my hair curls more when it's wet, I thought this would give the curls a little boost and also help keep them nice throughout the day.
The finished product kind of looks just like the next to last step. I wasn't exactly sure on how pinning the ends of the ponytails was supposed to work, so it came out a little wonky-looking. I actually prefer the look of the penultimate step since it gives the illusion of one long ponytail. I really enjoyed this style, and I'll definitely be adding it to my regular rotation.

No comments:

Post a Comment